Monday, June 2, 2008

long day



small Texas canyon outside Amarillo where The Comanche lived









long day today. Finished Arkansas, went through Oklahoma and ended in Amarillo Texas. No major excitement thanks to God! We spent about 10-11 hours in the van, and aside from a little bickering all went well. We got to watch the sunset on the Texas Panhandle, which was really cool. As usual, everyone is asleep but me and I am getting very sleepy so tonight's post will be short, in fact this is about it. i'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I must say that the landscape did change drastically today. I now know what "Amber waves of grain" means. Texas is beautiful, in a stark and barren way. The pictures are OK, but words and pictures can't really convey the perspective. Everything was so wide open and borderless. To understand the immensity of it and the enormous amount of nothing, you would have to experience it. ILong road I-40 in Oklahoma hope the pictures at least gAmber waves in Oklahomaive some idea. Enjoy.
Oklahoma City









KellyKids at the rest stop outside Amarillo--very windy

2 comments:

GangieDad said...

Hi Kelly, Brandon, Emily, Elijah and Mia...

I've been reading your blog and looking at the pictures. They're great! I can see you all are having a wonderful adventure.

Love to all...

Unknown said...

You are doing GREAT!!! I love reading all of your stories and seeing the kids! Thanks for keeping us updated. Have a safe rest of the trip!

Ashley